I agree with your comments, Bob. I too spend much more time on YouTube than watching television. My interests are many and varied, from mechanical engineering, to welding, to electronics, to automotive engineering, to steel fabrication, to mechanical repairs, to music and more.

Interestingly, it is clear that people are making a comfortable existence from YouTube.

Rick Beato (whose skills are highly regarded) released his latest offering on August 12 and it has clocked more than 1.3 million views in a couple of days. He also has more than 3 million subscribers.

The LockPickingLawer creates very short videos (3-5 minutes) every few days. His videos must be of interest as he has 4 million subscribers and regularly hits between half and one million views for each episode.

And there are many, many more like them. So in many ways it's a win-win. They make a 'comfortable' income, and provide entertainment that beats commercial television any day.

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones