You know.... I've done similar things. Or sometimes the song files simply got corrupted and wouldn't load. Either way, I was faced with a similar problem.

At this juncture, the best and least stressful option would be to simply recreate the song from scratch. When I have had to do that, the end result was always better than the one I couldn't get back from the digital graveyard.

Use the chords and info the ACW was able to extract and start from there. It's really not that hard. I used to use the Melodist in my earlier days with BB. I did quite a few jazz things as a result. The only issue I remember is that it will never do the same thing twice. Even from one session to the next, it would regenerate all the tracks and change things. More than once I started a second session and bam.... that cool lick was gone. SO..... when you get something you like... freeze the tracks or freeze the song as a whole.

Lessons learned.

As a tip: When you start a new song.... create a folder for the song. Save ALL files related to the song in BB in that folder. On my computer, I have a work folder for the current year (and all past years as well). When I work on an idea I save it to that folder. When I start to gel the idea into a song, I then create a new folder in that big folder for the song. Periodically, I simply copy and paste the big folder to a duplicate in a storage drive.... save as... overwrite.... and I have a slightly more secure duplicate of the songs. So then, I can go back to my storage drive and retrieve any song or idea and load it to work on it again.

Hope that was helpful.

You can find my music at:
www.herbhartley.com
Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.
You can make excuses or you can make progress but not both.

The magic you are looking for is in the work you are avoiding.