Fictional Backstory
Due to catastrophic flooding in India, you and some friends travel to a devastated region in the country as part of an international non-governmental aid organization to volunteer your time and skills to rebuild a clinic on higher ground. After your first 12 hour day on site you are exhausted and head back to your hotel for a well needed shower and dinner. When you meet your friends in the restaurant you notice a band is getting ready to play and their stage seems particularly crowded with various percussion instruments. They introduce their first song of the evening . . . Sitarian Spice

Factual Back Story
I was introduced to the sitar by George Harrison’s music and always liked it. And I’ve wanted to experiment with complex African syncopated rhythms. So this is a percussion-centric arrangement and I guess you could call it a fusion of Indian, African and Western music (IAW Fusion ???)

Technicals
BiaB:
CR_ERIC.STY Cr_Eric – Crossover Style, 80 BPM
5 Electric Piano
Nashville Pop Drums
28 Clean Cut Electric Guitar
52 Synth Strings 2

Me:
1. Korg P061 Melodic Toms
2. Korg GM105 Drum Pattern
3. Korg UA047 Skull Mallets (Think Xylophone)
4. Korg GM105 Sitar
5. Fender Bass

Mixed and rendered in Studio One

Thanks for listening and comments, good, bad or neutral always welcome. Percussion-wise, I think this is the most complex arrangement I’ve done. Hopefully I didn’t mess up too badly.

https://soundcloud.com/user-646279677
BiaB 2024 Windows
For me there’s no better place in the band than to have one leg in the harmony world and the other in the percussive. Thank you Paul Tutmarc and Leo Fender.