WISH//IDEA…. IMPLEMENTATION OF FLAC IN PG PRODUCTS
(biab and realband rb and powertracks)

i feel the following ideas would help people particularly with lower specced pc's and slower storage tech.
maybe even operate off of slower usb pen drives.
please keep an open mind and hear what i have to say before slamming me with 'flac 'sounds worse than' wav ' etc etc and other arguments.

1.. BACKGROUND.
ive recorded (useing reaps ) a massive number of traks using flac.
and you can say 'your stoopid' , but i truly believe you can do a good song using the flac scheme.
I mean track after track and not one person has said to me YET..
ooh i like that song BUT YOU USED FLAC RIGHT …lol.

In summary, count me a flac fan. I feel it would be a great addition to pg products.
and further make them unique products with no competition.

If you doubt me, throw up a challenge on these pg forums with tracks recorded in both flac and wav and see how many people can tell the difference…even pro audio engineers..i.e. raw tracks prior to post recording 'conditioning'.

2..IMPLEMENTATION OF FLAC. (APPLIES TO BIAB AND RB AND POWERTRACKS)

1..allow recording of audio tracks in FLAC.
(no conversion to wav…tracks stored as flac less storage. )
2..allow playback of flac tracks individually OR multitrack creating stereo playback.
3..allow export of tracks and stereo mixes in flac. instead of wav.
4..of course 'generated tracks' generated to flac. eg rt's//rd's etc etc..
5..also option to ship various pg 'paks' ie rt's//rd's etc as flac not wav.

IE AN ALL FLAC STUDIO. no wav anywhere. no wav storage etc etc. tracks stored as flac etc etc.
i KNOW i will get detractors to the above, BUT i figure if reaps can do it why not ??

i'm NOT saying get rid of wav, just suggesting an all flac studio as an OPTION for any user.
all the current features will stay.

just think of the fact that much less audio data is being read/written from/to a storage device. and so possibly a user with an old low spec pc would still be able to do a song.

I await the detractors…lol.

happiness to all.

om

Last edited by justanoldmuso; 08/29/22 05:38 AM.

New Song "PRETTY GIRL" for my wife...Dec 2023
(my vocs....mixed for good earbuds.)
https://soundcloud.com/alfsongs/prettygirlrbfinalcalfsongsdec2023mp3
(and rock song THE STALLION and bluegrass song... BANKER MAN....90 songs useing bb/rb.)