Originally Posted By: BabuMusic
Ray, you are so refreshingly different than most of what I hear. Love this (as you already know), and the video is outstanding and has your signature creativity throughout. Man, your lyrics are always quite clever and this one opens a whole new realm of clever. Yes, bring out the vocal. That guitar is perfect. An yes, I listened to the whole minute-plus ending, and loved it.

Thanks Marty,
Lyrically it results from my bemusement with the routine daily intake of stimulants and how the edge is taken from that stim by downers even while still consuming the uppers. I know many people for whom this is normal...a few who add booze to the mix as well.
It spins me out as I have one up of coffee in the morning and whilst munching on biscuits or other sweet things, occasionally, through the day I don't have a constant recharging plan.
I know a couple of people who plan their week around outings to acquire the necessary provisions of gaspers, tea, sugar for the tea, milk for the tea and bread. Rarely does a resupply of the addictive ones coincide and the lack of any one causes agitation. Clearly for many cannabis & alcohol are interchangeable or companions.

Cheers
rayc
"What's so funny about peace, love & understanding?" - N.Lowe