Originally Posted By: daiphan
Originally Posted By: rharv
Connect Kawai to computer using USB connection. The 212 does not facilitate MIDI as far as I know.

Assuming the Synthology Ivory is a VST instrument that PT can use, you have to go to a MIDI channel.
Open the DX/VST area using the downward area on the left side of the track.

Once in that window, select the first of the set of four slots for FX (this will accommodate a VSTi and the rest will accommodate VST FX (reverb etc)

If your Synthology Ivory does not appear in the list you'll have to use the Add VST button to browse to the location of the DLL file and add it to the list.

At this point you should be able to record MIDI and then Play it back using the Synthology Ivory, but not at the same time.

To do this, go to Options - Preferences - AUDIO and enable the Input Monitoring option.
This allows playing through a VSTi in real time.

Now go back to the MIDI track and Open the FX area again.
Now in the very top drop down scroll way down and select Input Monitor Insert.
Then you should be able to hear the keyboard play the VSTi.
If you enable the IM record option in Auido-Prefs you can also record it.

Hope I didn't forget any steps.

Summary
make sure the VSTi is available in PT
make sure you can send MIDI to PT from the keyboard
enable Input Monitoring (and recording if desired)
Then you can start to use them via the Track Insert

I did exacty like you direct but no sound from Ivory. I see signals sent from VCP-1. Dai

Good news! I was able to get PT to play the demo song via Ivory as well as recording and play back. I load the Ivory.dll file by going into the Program File. I select ASIO and did not select Input Monitoring as that setting gives a strong hissing back ground noise. I did not select input monitoring in the FX menu and keep at Ivory VST in the track section. Because at this time I just record only the piano but as my skills expand I am sure I will have to do what you advise. Dai