My first attempt at recording into BB from a Midi/USB Keyboard.
I've just inserted a Kontakt Piano on a Utility Track. From my external USB/Midi Keyboard I can play it fine when not in Record mode.
Also, with the Utility Track selected, if I use the onscreen "Keyboard" tab I hear the Kontakt Piano when I press the 'keys' up the top.

From a PG Music YouTube I learned that when in Record Mode the instrument I am 'hearing' is actually the Instrument which is on the THRU track in BB, not the Kontakt Piano which is on the record enabled & selected Utility Track.
I also found out how to change that Instrument on the Thru track, BUT I can only choose from one of the General Midi instruments within BB, and can't actually listen to the Kontakt instrument while recording. There are a few different options in the drop-menu when doing this, but none offer to use an external/3rd party plugin instrument.

Surely there is a setting that allows me to actually hear the instrument patch in my Plugin instrument, eg Kontakt, EzDrummer, whatever it may be. To be constrained and limited to only the BB internal sounds is very inconvenient.

All suggestions welcomed...

Last edited by Victor Kennedy; 09/11/22 03:02 PM.

WRITING LOUNGE-MacBookPro-16Gb RAM OSX 10/15.7 |M-AUDIO Air 192-14|Studio One 5 Pro|BIAB Pro 2022|Guitars&Keyboards Etc || STUDIO ROOM -MacStudio M1 MAX 32Gb RAM OSX 12.6 Monterey|Allen&Heath QU16 A/D Mixer|Studio One 5 Pro|BIAB Pro 2022|Alesis DM10 Drums