Originally Posted By: astrigal
Hi;

I wrote a simple song with a style and added a track of singing.
Initially I had no intro.

Now that the song is finished I want to add in an intro. When I do either: insert bars, or Song Form/Intro Bars, the intro bars are added but the singing part doesn't stay locked to the original bars.

So, in this case, I originally start singing at bar 1. Then I insert 4 bars before bar 1 as an intro. I regenerate. The singing still starts at bar 1 and not bar 5, where it should have stayed locked to its companion chords.

What am I missing?

Thanks!

Try this technique in BIAB if you originally began the vocal line recording at Bar 1 and afterwards inserted a 4 bar intro and need to relocate the vocal line audio wave form from Bar 1 to Bar 5.

Click the track with Audio in the BIAB Mixer. For demonstration purpose, assume you recorded the vocal on the Audio Track in the BIAB Mixer.
Open the Audio Editor either by clicking its icon in the Main Screen 'Tools toolbar' or Ctrl + Shift + A Shortcut.
With the Audio Track selected, the Audio Edit Window will display a graphic of the vocal audio wave form and editing features are active.
Highlight the vocal wave form from the very beginning by placing the curser at that point and hold the left mouse button and slide to select the remaining bars of vocal so that you've captured the entire vocal line wave form. You can also use the shift keys and mouse click method if you want.
Cut the vocal line wave form using the Edit sub menu Cut Command or Ctrl-X short cut
Place the curser at the Bar 5 Bar line and use either the Edit sub menu paste command or Ctrl-V to paste the vocal audio wave form starting at the beginning of Bar 5.

If the vocal line wave form is not correctly placed, say the vocals need to begin at Beat 1 rather than at the actual beginning of Bar 5, to repeat the process above of Cut/Paste, use Ctrl-Z to undo the previous paste, set the curser at Beat 1 of Bar 5 and use Ctrl-V to paste the vocal line wave form at the new location.

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.