Hello Folks,
I posted a version of this song a few months back...it was while waiting for a chap who wanted to sing it to do so but, after nine months of life getting in the way of that I decided to finish the thing myself. I sent the version you may have heard to my M.E. and he suggested redoing the vocals but to do them very differently.
There are two variations on this final piece - one is longer than the other and that one includes two "dramatic" bits that may be counter productive. The M.E. thinks the shorter one is the way to proceed and I respect his view but I'd also like the opinion of a couple of more sets of ears n eyes that I trust before committing to ONE version.
The song form was decided in BIAB but there's nothing left from that process other than the form.
Drums are care of Drums On Demand
The rest is my fault - sorry.
Vantage Bass -> Behringer BDI21 -> a cross over filter to eliminate some of the low end as the chorus is a droning low E with the riff over it
Squire Bullet Mustang guitar -> Actone amp in a box pedal
Lead parts were the same but with a trem added
Vocals are an AT2020 with manual de-essing and not much else.
I experimented with a plugin/VST called Vola to try to get some consistency of level across the five different vocal tracks but I had to do an huge amount of automation writing as well.

PLEASE, if you have the time & interest listen to the two versions and let me know whether the short or the long is better from a narrative/suspense perspective.
ANY/ALL comments welcome...I did apply comments from the original version to this mix.

SHORT

LONG

Last edited by rayc; 09/13/22 11:48 PM.

Cheers
rayc
"What's so funny about peace, love & understanding?" - N.Lowe