But did you actually Record a track (even though you don't hear it), then click Stop & 'Keep Take' and see if something appears?

Yes, a MONO input may show signal on one side of a Stereo track, that's to be expected
But try to Record a Track, Accept the take and see if PT does show it recorded.
You seem to be focused on the Meters during the process .. follow thru and record an actual track to see if it gets recorded like I said earlier .. the rest will come into place if we know your guitar does get recorded in the long run.

Please do the initial test and post results .. then we can help you move along the process
The rest is in settings and configuration, but we need to know if PT records the guitar regardless of meter display etc while playing
The waveform won't appear until you record and Keep Take .. then we'll have clues to where your issue is

Record it, then Keep Take and see if you get any result.
You keep saying 'while I am playing' .. I don't want that info; I want to know if you record it and then Keep Take (after playing it) regardless of what you see 'while' playing, does the waveform then appear?

/Just trying to help
//Record it, ignore any PT meters while doing so for now
///Keep Take and see if it recorded even though you don't think it will when judging by visual clues

Last edited by rharv; 09/23/22 03:03 PM.

Make your sound your own!
.. I do not work here, but the benefits are still awesome