Originally Posted By: eddie1261
You are going to drive into the eye of a hurricane FOR A GIG?????

We're not getting the eye, it's coming in on the west coast and we're on the east. We're over 130 miles from where it made landfall.

I've been in every hurricane since Donna in 1960, so I know when to duck and hide and when I don't need to.

Ian is going diagonally N.E. across the state, so its closest approach to us will be tomorrow.

The winds here today didn't top 50mph, which a typical summer thunderstorm produces.

But the owner couldn't figure out how to keep us dry so he told us to take the day off.

The hotel is full of Tampa escapees, so it would have been fun to play. It would have been a hurricane party. But we can't have our gear get wet.

Tomorrow the winds are supposed to get stronger, so I doubt we'll be working.

I've seen some pictures from Ft. Meyers, and things look bad. Storm surge reaching the second floor of buildings. Waterfront buildings always get the worst of the storm, followed by low-lying land that wants to return to swamp.

And the media always finds the worst disasters to report.

This is the main reason why I won't live either on the barrier island or anywhere inland except the eastern sand ridge. I'm 32' high and if we have a 32' storm surge, we are all going to be wiped out.

Still, I feel badly for the people, as most of them don't have decades of living in Florida experience, and I must admit, I'd too love to live on the water, but I know better. The Realtor won't tell the new folks that they are moving into a danger zone.

I hope nobody loses their lives. Property can be replaced.

When this is over, I'll do what I can to help.

Notes ♫

Last edited by Notes Norton; 09/28/22 02:51 PM.

Bob "Notes" Norton smile Norton Music
https://www.nortonmusic.com

100% MIDI Super-Styles recorded by live, pro, studio musicians for a live groove
& Fake Disks for MIDI and/or RealTracks