Quote:
Whatever you do, don't bother with Komplete Now. It is near about useless.

Agreed. The only "Free" part is the one month trial. Then it's $9.99 month. If you want a bunch of synths and little else… oh you can use the Start and Kontakt Factory libraries with it but those are limited. No thanks. For some, it may be ideal but $120 yr adds up and, if you're in it for the long haul, any of the permanent license packages are a better deal.

Quote:
Strummed Acoustic 2, $99.00, seems to be a strong instrument. … Any opinions on this?
Is this included in any of their packages?

I use it now and then — very nice.

Strummed Acoustic is part of Komplete Standard. Strummed Acoustic 2 includes a 12 string and a different 6 than 1. It is part of the $1,199 Komplete Ultimate. a $599 upgrade from Standard, a $999 upgrade from Komplete Select or, as you point out, $99 stand-alone. All of the stand alone libraries work in the free Kontakt Player and Komplete Kontrol.

If considering Ultimate, the Select 13 package @ $49 still saves you $150. Strummed Acoustic 2 is also part of Komplete Ultimate Collectors Edition that I have. There are upgrade paths to CE from Standard and Ultimate but none from Select.

For a couple years, I owned Picked Nylon, another $99 stand alone that I use a lot. I was a little chagrined to see it now part of my Komplete Ultimate CE 14 upgrade but, had I waited for that, I wouldn't have been using it the last two years, right? There were enough other new libraries for me to justify the upgrade price (ouch!) plus another 60 expansion packs that I will never, ever look at.

Budgets are limited. Spend wisely!

BIAB 2023 Audiophile, 24/60 Core M2 Mac Studio Ultra/8TB/192GB Sonoma, M1 MBAir, 2012 MBP
Digital Performer 11, LogicPro
Finale27.4, Dorico5, Encore5, SmartScorePro64, Notion6, Overture5