I think that this post is morphing a bit, but here goes. As far as my post before, well i was not addressing the user interface as much as the wish that PG scrap both BiaB and Rb development and build something brand new and pour both programs in a blender and pour out a new one. It just seems rather selfish to ask a company to abandon their whole program in favor of a half dozen people who want it their way.

As far as my growing old with BiaB, i have only used it for 3 years now. I will admit that the user interface and GUi is rather old fashioned. But that thing flat out works, and is pretty darned solid. Sonar is struggling with their new look and i do not want to see PG go that route. If they want to clean it up a tad great. Give it a modern new look but not a full rewrite. I do not want to go through years of pain to do a job.

So what it does not look great, does it work? Personally i like function over flash. I do not think PTPA, or Rb are fancy or great looking, but they work. Make it strong, make it solid, make it functional, make it stable. Fix the VSTi issues, and all that. Yes maybe slowly overhaul the interface and make it a bit more user friendly, but for God's sake do not completely redo it at the loss of stability.

If a new user wants a fancy 21st century look over full function, then he might be wanting the wrong things. I listen to people on DAW forums all the time prattle on about wanting this and that, but seldom see them actually record anything. How could they they spend all there time fussing. Use the tool if it works. If you do not like the product use something else.

On a personal level, there are things i would like to see done with the program, that would enhance my work flow, but hey it is not all about me, there are users around the globe, that all do things differently. It is my choice what i use.

Lenovo Win 10 16 gig ram, Mac mini with 16 gig of ram, BiaB 2022, Realband, Harrison Mixbus 32c version 9.1324, Melodyne 5 editor, Presonus Audiobox 1818VSL, Presonus control app, Komplete 49 key controller.