I have a Windows 7 64 bit system with 1 tb hard drive, and 8 gigs of memory, plus another 8 gigs being used to boost the speed.

Band in a Box runs in either the current hard drive OR the external hard drive as shipped by PG Music.

Real Band also.

I run Pinnacle (Avid) software also.

All other systems and development work are done in Kubuntu or Ubuntu, and Android 2.2.

But I've never had any problem, except for the spurious idea that so much stuff was going on here pertaining to ASIO, I decided to try that. I went back to MME and everything is coming up tulips ever since.

Now that I have a new Korg keyboard, and that the stretching software is so much better, I am almost done with midi, though I use it once in a while.

I suspect your problem lies in the ASIO needs to run this stuff, when in fact you have to be some sort of guru to get it to work. At the end of the day, enjoy the RealTracks, explore them, and be happy.

Some here seem to get joy from messing with ASIO and Realband. I just don't need to go out and find the latest vocal plugin for ch 5 and take it to some gig. In fact, I found the complexities of any gigging solution where you need a computer/ Then an interface, then a proper screen keyboard and jacks to be detrimental to my mental health.

The wife plays her instruments, I play mine, and we get along fine.

When I did take it out NO one came up to me and said "That's a really cheesey guitar you've got there, what is it a Fender recorded from a casette tape you got at the dump?"

John Conley
Musica est vita