Just for the record I was offered a lot of good help on the forum but its still not working here even though I followed it all through.

I dont want BIAB to be a fully fledged sequencer - I have one of those Cubase.'~

"You on the other hand want a DAW type sequencer to replace cubase in the tool box that is more akin to BiaB which you like but it does not do everything you want or need. You want to take the project from creation to finish in one system"

Robh you have a habit of putting words in my mouth, then arguing against them and knocking them down.

At a minimum, I would be happy if I could load a decent piano VST into BIAB and record it along with a song - no can do here. Even if this is possible in RB it should also be possible in BIAB - this is no big deal its just what you would minimally expect from accompaniment software.

RB is not a 'fully featured Sequencer' at least not compared to the big boys - there is so much RB cant do as a sequencer. Your not going to find a Pro studio running RB - its OK as far as I can see, I am not saying its bad, its just not fully featured.

So over in Cakewalk Sonar X1 they may be having grief - well what is hte lesson you expect me to draw? - never update?? Never rethink an application? Doesn't hold water that argument.

Asking for a mixer in BIAB well, really I should even have to ask its just basic common sense

Maybe I dont understand RB but then I can't use it here, I did not say that others can't use it.

Win 11 64, Asus Rog Strix z390 mobo, 64 gig RAM, 8700k