Just for the record I do not expect BIAB to be a 'full fledged DAW' none of PGs programs have the power of Cubase or protools. What I want to do most is to load a VST instrument such as my piano or my organ and paly it in BIAB and record it along with BAIB tracks. Is this really too much to ask? What is BIAB if it is not an accompaniment program.
Many musicians possess a decent piano synth like Ivory, TruePainos and there is absolutely no way that a good pianist is gonig to settle for a gm or multisynth substitute. You cant load a decent piano into BAIB and play along and record - this is fundamental.
The idea that BIAB could be a 'full fledged DAW' can only be imagined by someone that does not really know rthe capabilities of Cubase or Protools etc... I find the idea of using BIAB as my DAW quite laughable. Its a very good accompaniment software - wordl claass in fact with Real Tracks, and its a very good learning tool but its definitely not a fully fledged sequencer.

Mixers are bog standard across all sort of products not just DAWS.

Also for the record I have been in contact with PG several times and they did not get my system working. I recieved a lot of good help from the forum but alas no result with RB. Even if I did get RB to work I would stil believe that both programs should be merged. I use Cubase for my sequencing and it is far more powerful and professional that anything PG has made in this area (sequencing).