"i might start and finalise a rough arrange in biab, and then off to rb i go for further work"
Yeah that's the current way most users have been forced to go because of the generate to ram quickness in Biab yet not much in the way of editing like a DAW has, and the slowness of generation in realband.
It could be all solved with the BiabVST/standalone with ultra fast gen/play.
You could used that direct in realband or better still reaper it would cut out the middle men and give flac ogg... Not to mention be able to have real time signatures to align and follow the DAW time signature and tempo map.
Programming the VST would be easier way to go than rehashing all the old programming in realband. The development of the BiabVST (front end anyway) has changed more in a short time than Biab, it's way ahead in professionalism than when it was first released and in many ways has a better interface than Biab, more aligned with other modern plugins.
I think you will have more success asking for the bars view in the BiabVST as a tab smile

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
biab-standalone.png (70.92 KB, 93 downloads)