Hello Donnie,

What part of SC are you in, Lowcountry, Midlands or Upcountry? I was raised on a barrier island just south of Charleston and have a brother that lives near the coast and the NC \ SC border.

The most important thing to remember about recording audio settings is the audio recording settings for the computer operating system, audio interface and software program need to match. Otherwise digital audio has to be converted to match each setting. Each time audio is converted noise is introduced into the audio. Each conversion also requires cpu cycles.

The second most important thing to remember is playback audio settings must match an audio file's recording settings. If not audio pitch and / or tempo can be affected during playback.

The Audiophile RealTracks WAV files are 16 bits and 44,100 Hertz (44.1kHz) sample rate. That is the reason 16/44.1 is recommended.

While 16/44.1 is still the recommended audio standard for CDs, that standard is not as strong as it use to be. Audio is increasingly packaged with video and the sample rate standard for audio packaged with video is 48kHz. Again as video media becomes more prevalent and CDs become less popular the bit rate "standard" is changing from 16 bits to 24 bits. As a media driven company Microsoft has a tendency to reset the operating system audio to 16/48 or even 24/48 during updates. Audio interface driver settings frequently default to 24/48.

My philosophy is to match the lowest common denominator. In my case that's my vintage digital recorder. It has no audio settings because 16/44.1 is baked into the firmware!

Band-in-a-Box generally has no issue converting digital audio. The program recently changed the audio engine it uses to manage digital audio. The new audio engine is more capable of converting digital audio than the previous audio engine.

Again, the primary consideration is all the recording audio settings must match

Jim Fogle - 2024 BiaB (1111) RB (5) Ultra+ PAK
DAWs: Cakewalk by BandLab (CbB) - Standalone: Zoom MRS-8
Laptop: i3 Win 10, 8GB ram 500GB HDD
Desktop: i7 Win 11, 12GB ram 256GB SSD, 4 TB HDD
Music at: https://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home