Charlie first. The key word in your reply was OPEN the file. I was IMPORTING it. I used OPEN and now I have a chord sheet. I didn't even listen to it because I really only wanted the chord sheet. I then saved that out as a BIAB file (MGX), then opened it in Real Band, where I prefer to work. I then transposed it to my key and adjusted the tempo. No issues there. Now I can dive into the chord chart and make the changes I want to make so I can do some chord substitutions with embellished chords and then run it through a different style. OPEN did the trick.

Now to Dan, the whole idea was just to play with something I had never tried before but I knew had to be possible. I needed that chord chart just to build the foundation of the song. Now I need to build the upper floors. For example, the MIDI file went straight into the song with no intro. I know what I want to do for an intro, and I can now insert bars and write the chord progression I want to use for an intro. I get my chord charts from Chordie, and would never buy a MIDI file. The only reason I wanted a MIDI file was to see if this could be done so a free one from MIDIS'R'US or wherever was fine. I don't even care what it sounds like as I will never perform it anywhere. Remember my thing about covers vs originals. I would rather tell my true story than someone else's fiction. Like this one about dealing with PTSD that I did a few years ago.

I Hope Somebody Cries

Well, maybe I'll do THIS cover at Herbstock 2023...

"By the time we got to Herbstock we were several dozen strong..."

Last edited by eddie1261; 11/07/22 03:07 AM.

I am using the new 1040XTRAEZ form this year. It has just 2 lines.

1. How much did you make in 2023?
2. Send it to us.