I would say that the first step is to contact your AV/Protection software vendor.

What app is reported as harboring the Trojan? That's a crucial piece of info to determine if it's an actual virus or just a piece of legitimate coincidental code that the protection software is recognizing as a virus "signature." This is why the host app needs to be identified and reported: So that you can make a decision about the origin/installation/reputation of the "hosting" app. It actually may not be an actual virus at all. That being said, CAUTION SHOULD ALWAYS PREVAIL, and, if you can't get satisfaction from you AV vendor/provider*, the advice from Bass Thumper seems right to the point.

What app was hosting the reported Trojan?

I can say that some older, legitimate 32-bit VSTs can present a Trojan signature when installed or scanned. Zampler is an example of a current 64-bit VST that gets quarantined and reported to me from time to time, even after going through the safe-reporting and "allow" steps---usually after a major AV program update or, every now and then, after a Windows update.

Paj
8^)

*I use Norton/Symantec for the silly reason that in over three decades not a single actual loss-of-service security breach. Also, if I have a serious concern, I can have a Norton tech remotely address it if necessary.

Last edited by Paj; 11/15/22 02:49 PM.