Hi Janne, David, Ray and Dave,

Thank you for listening and commenting on this song.
Probably because so many songs are now on the forum, the attention is a bit low, but I'm happy with your reactions.
Especially because they were nice ;-)

Originally Posted By: jannesan
Nice lyrics, although I felt that "you" of the story was treated like a dog wink
Very good combination of acoustic and funky guitars.
Solo guitar is also nice addition, okay it fights with the vocals during couple of lines, but I got used to it after several listens, so that is not a real problem.
Good passionate vocals fit the message.
Very catchy melody, both in the verse and chorus parts.

Janne

Janne, you wrote I treated her (the 'you') as a dog. But no, I did not!
I had filty feet, she became mad, had scary eyes and kicked me out of the house.
Now who was treated like a dog???
I'm glad I was able to sing about it. A normal person would cry...

About the lead guitar: I liked it, but obviously no one else. So yesterday I accepted my defeat and deleted the solo parts that conflicted with the vocals.
I think I'm treated like a dog here as well... But I carry it as a man.
And thanks for the compliments!

Originally Posted By: dcuny
Love the sound and the song.
You can put me in the category of people who don't like to hear lead guitar competing with vocals. But you can't please everyone, so you may as well please yourself first. wink

But that's a minor nit. Fun song! smile

Hi Dave, your minor nit is gone now. I changed it all, so I pleased you, instead of myself. Ain't that nice?
And thanks too for your nice words on the song.

Originally Posted By: rayc
Nice one Hans,
I definitely wouldn't lift the vocals - they're pretty loud already.
Typical tongue in cheek/silk & dirty feet sly humour I've come to expect from you.
I like the guitar licks that complete lines for you...I'd be inclined to reduce them a little though.

Ray, It took me some time to let you get used to my kind of humour, but you did! although 'sly' humour...?
You were one of the few not getting ill of the competition between the lead guitar and my vocals.
But as I said to the others, I threw in the towel (if that's the right expression in English) and made it a proper solo.
At first I lowered it'svolume and of my vocals too, but than Dave's post came in...
Thanks for your kind words, Ray.

Originally Posted By: BlueAttitude
Good song, excellent vocal!
Guitar is good, too loud in places for my tastes, and it's not often you hear a guitar player saying the guitar is too loud! grin
But didn't take away from my enjoyment of your song, good one, Hans.

Dave, your post was the one that made me decide to alter that solo. When you, the superiour solo player, say such things I know I had to adjust my own taste on this issue. It's done now.
And thanks for how you judged the song itself.

Well, I think this was all there is to say about this song.
Thank you for your replies and I hope you will have some fun creative days like me,
Hans

Hans Berkhout
(Birchwood)
https://soundcloud.com/user-296497130