Originally Posted By: David Snyder
Hey this is an incredibly well-mixed tune! Loved it!

I am not sure what this message in the lyrics means though:

Your browser does not support the audio element.
THE RIGHT TRACK

etc...

too long in this town, too long in shadow

Anyway, I tried out Audiolens for the first time with this streaming tune and got this curve.

Cool!

Keep 'em coming folks! Y'all sound great! Always a vocal buffet of gorgeousness.

p.s. I ran a Luke Combs song through IKM's MasterMatch and ran this one through as well..

Yours has a LUFS of about 12, and a nice Dynamic Range of 10 to 11 (as I remember), which the same way I master my tunes. And I see your peak is -0.3. I often do the same.

The Luke Combs song "The Kind of Love We Make" also peaks at -.3 but has a LUFS of 7 and a DR of 3.7.

I guess it is mastered for the speaker set ups in Dodge RAMS but I enjoy songs mixed and mastered like this, FWIW.

"Your browser does not support the audio element." - is a message I pick up when I copy the lyric from my web site. Just forgot to delete it...

I find that most commercial releases these days have a small DR. And typically the vocals are really squished to have almost no DR. Intentionally. The vocal sounds the same from start to finish. It helps the vocal sit in the mix. A lot of folks would benefit from doing something similar...

Thanks for stopping by!!

Originally Posted By: Charlie Fogle
The whole team is on the 'right track' with this song. Stellar write, performance and production.

Charlie

Thanks, Charlie...

Originally Posted By: RnAM
Wow Floyd, this is really great!
This collab turns out so fine.
The music is awful, your voice fantastic, wonderful lyrics.
Janice's vocals sound lovely.

Love this.

Rob and Anne-Marie

Thanks, y'all....

Originally Posted By: Ezekiel's Storm
Your music fits Bud's lyric so well.

Janice's echo vocal lines add another dimension to the song.

I really like the band. It evokes the lonely traveler.

Great one.

Thanks, Scott....

Originally Posted By: Birchwood
Floyd, Janice and Bud,

Everything in /on this song is beautiful:
The lyrics,
The Melody
The vocals,
The Band
The mixing / mastering

I loved it a lot!

Hans

Thanks, a bunch, Hans....

Originally Posted By: vicarn
Excellent Floyd and Janice.
Love the vocal dynamics and harmonies.

Vic

Thanks, Vic...

Originally Posted By: tommyad
F,J&B, I knew I would be in for a treat when I hit play. I wasn't wrong. The production is top notch. The write is terrific. The vocals are stunning. What a great choice for Janice to echo those two lines. That is the surprise filling inside the treat! I don't think anything can be improved on. Fantastic job by all, Tom

Appreciated, Tom....