Gordon.

re TEMPS.

yep i'm amazed at this mini pc n' heat dont seem to be a prob. considering its power.

frankly it leaves my old refurb i5 (that i did loads of songs with using biab/rb/reaps).in the dust.
just a pc build would cost me more for parts.

for a couple of hundred quid i'm not complaining mate cos the tech is gonna get even more advanced anyways n' change.

(also the worst ISR exec time i could see on a OS kernel mode driver.. was extremely low at a few microsecs.).
my audient interface is running (with v v low latency ) like a bunny rabbit….(a reason i like the audient usb drivers.)
(ps the gig performer site has an interesting article bout troubleshooting dpc issues. i have no issues.)

it looks like going with a lower wattage mini was the correct decision.
cos technically going with higher power cpu's means more heat/wattage etc.
i guess more cores//transistors/and..if i remember my electronics (your better than i) more transistors stuffed on the cpu wafers..and impact of 'gate lengths' and jolly old laws of physics.

i really like the lower power ryzen 3750 h. its a good compromise considering its performance. it can do way way more traks than i ever need in a song.
and biab/rb/reaper all are running great.
i can only wonder how powerful these mini pc's will be in a few years.

re EMF etc.

yep i dont want to get obsessed bout emf, its just my doctors are impressing on me always that as one gets older, one has to look after oneself and... excercise/nutrition/diet etc etc.

so, just in case..lol…the mini is way over the other side of the room.

best

om

New Song "PRETTY GIRL" for my wife...Dec 2023
(my vocs....mixed for good earbuds.)
https://soundcloud.com/alfsongs/prettygirlrbfinalcalfsongsdec2023mp3
(and rock song THE STALLION and bluegrass song... BANKER MAN....90 songs useing bb/rb.)