Gordon.

what i'm trying to figure right now is a couple things.

1..as well as the regular usb ports bee mini has a usb-c data only port.
so i'm trying to figure out what types of external devices/docks/extenders etc i can hook up to it. i presume anything that supplies its own power rather than needing power from a usb port.
and other thing is…
2..i have a dual 2.5 ssd dock hooked up to one of the regular usb ports.
great transfer speeds. great for backing up songs in progress or all traks etc when song finished…BUT i'm curious if i could take out the current two 2.5 ssd's , and replace with two m2 ssd's , each in a m2>2.5 sata enclosure can be done..ie would i see a big transfer speed diff over the current 2.5 sata ssd's.

it sounds like we both have had colourful careers lol.
just one example of many of the tech lunacy i went through….'
a short time after a company hired me on , the ceo was replaced by a new tough ceo.
who promptly told me he wanted me to fire a bunch of people and keep moi.
i couldnt do it, as the people had mortgages n' kids etc etc.
so i walked n' told him to stuff it. head office was shocked cos apparently no one went up against this titan…but i got my life principles…a typical brit i am.
easy come easy go lol. quickly found another job.

like you i often wonder what might have happened if i'd gone to aussie…but then i wouldnt have met my lovely wife. cant have it all. i still feel the uk is great if one is born into wealth but if your not..like me being a cockney lad raised in london…..
i had two choices , become a 'wide boy spiv '/doing dodgy stuff (i love 'only fools etc' tv show) to make a living or go to uni.
i chose the latter. i gotta hand it to the uk uni system…i went in to uni 'wet behind the ears', and g raduated as very mature with huge amounts of knowledge.
but then i ran into the old spiel from employers ....'your over educated'...sigh….so i dumbed myself down…lol.

i might get a mac mini , maybe a refurb m2 mini once the new m3 minis come out.
i feel the next 5 years are gonna be mighty interesting for us creators who need power.
i'm getting big trak counts in my bee mini tests. way more than i would use in a song..
the mac mini interests me cos i could see what logic daw might do for moi.

yep a friend of mine had a uk pub…one is tied to it. lotsa work.

yay england is up 2-0. but i wanted wales to get thru also as i once lived there.

best.

om

Last edited by justanoldmuso; 11/29/22 10:23 AM.

New Song "PRETTY GIRL" for my wife...Dec 2023
(my vocs....mixed for good earbuds.)
https://soundcloud.com/alfsongs/prettygirlrbfinalcalfsongsdec2023mp3
(and rock song THE STALLION and bluegrass song... BANKER MAN....90 songs useing bb/rb.)