In the current issue with the dead DAW, a 5 year old Dell XPS 8920, hearing the fans and seeing the power light tells me the 1 week old power supply is functional. However, if it is the problem, this machine is toast since I will not troubleshoot that any further. With no signs of attempted boot or even loading of mouse or keyboard drivers, no lights, no sounds, could be some where else on the mother board. Again, I am not interested in troubleshoot the MB. I can however, test the boot drive by inserting the recovery/rescue CD with Win 10. Otherwise, I have already pulled two HD's out of the case to move to the new DAW. I'll let you know how the rescue disk works.

Quote:
Try unseating and reseating everything on the motherboard you can: RAM, and cards. Blow off all the dust when all these are out. If that doesn't work, carefully remove the cooler and CPU and reseat the CPU with new thermal paste.

Ya, I can do some of that. That thermal paste trick was used to save one of my earlier machines but that machine would start but then quickly overheat. But I sent it to my guy to do that. I don't have a guy at this time.

Dan, BIAB2024, SoundCloud Win11, i7(12thGen), 32GB, 1TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD), 2TB Libraries, 1 TB(WD-Black), 2TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD)Data, Motu Audio Express, Keystation 61, SL88 Studio, Reaper