The main issue is RealBand is using bbw2 in the background and it does not connect to your audio driver, it just gens up the wavs and puts them in the RealBand temp so it can't really play back the chord preview.

This same method was suggested to create the BBPlugin as it's using bbw4 in the background. This got a BBPlugin started and out there sure it's slower and creates all those wavs. Eventually the code will have to be put directly in RealBand if not at least the BBPlugin.

I see with the latest feature video it has so many things I have suggested recently (as in last year) or from over the years and is working really well so well done PG !

With the Beta there is suggestions there for all these issues but it is such a mad rush testing it is just for bugs and not for better ways of doing things, so if a better way is suggested it takes another year to put it in as I have seen this year.
That's why I think there needs to be consultation early before beta testing that could nip things in the bud.
It's frustrating for me cause waiting a year each time just wears me out these days. I have said about a continuous beta throughout the year.

Look at Reaper what can be done with scripting !!! I have made so many scripts so Reaper works with Biab/BBPlugin. I only wish OldMuso put me onto Reaper years n years ago as I can't program the PG software to do what is needed so a short bit of time is spent doing it in Reaper then I spend way more time here posting n posting n posting, years n years to get that here.