Here are the results Ive gotten with the style picker since installing 2023:

1) the first time I tried to rebuild the styles list I got the message "NO STYLES FOUND" even though the path it used was correct and I could confirm with windows explorer that the F:/BB/STYLES directory was full of styles.

2) After receiving this message, the styles that had previously appeared in my style picker vanished and I was left with an unpopulated list

3) The next time I opened BIAB the styles list was populated again, and it worked OK, except that as I changed list filters I kept getting fewer and fewer styles presented. After removing all filters the list showed that I have 617 styles total. (I bought the megapak which should have all the styles)

4) after rebuilding multiple times (fast and slow rebuilds) and continuing to have 617 reported as my number of styles, I rebooted

5) upon rebooting and reloading BIAB then rebuilding the style list, BIAB reported 7159 styles found. So I wrote a batch file to count the number of styles in the folder: DIR *.STY > STYLES.TXT at the bottom of styles.txt it said there were 7495 STY files in the directory. So that tells me 336 STY files in my directory are not being picked up by the rebuild.

5) also, when demoing the style to the chords on my chord sheet, after a few regens, it stops playing anything, even though I've selected a style then clicked the button for playing that style with the chords in my chord sheet.

Any thoughts on this?
------------------------

BIAB 2023, clean install
windows 10 home
AMD A10 770k 10 cores 4C + 6G 3.4 GHz
28 gigs ram
64 bit OS and x64 processor