Originally Posted By: Rustyspoon#
+1
but....I would like to see a different "background" process of how it is done. (please correct me if I am wrong)

As of now, a " mute" and "back to normal" is done by destructive editing. Meaning, it forces BIAB to regenerate track(s), "cutting out" and "pasting in" segments. If this was was done by actually automating volumes, the process would be far more flexible.
#1 you will not lose generation and process would take less time (as it will not regenerate tracks)
#2 you would be able to go into ACW or Audio edit and do a fine tune or further precise automation

As far as the OP request, again +1 I think F5 is quick and convenient and should include all tracks., I am just proposing the background mechanics of how this can be done.

Using F5 to Mute and Return to Normal doesn't destructive edit any data/audio so there's never any regeneration.

#1 No generation is lost. No time is lost or gained.
#2 Using Audio Edit is actually faster, easier, more precise and visual than using F5 to mutes bars.

Note opening Bar Settings there is a slight lag before the Bar Settings Windows opens
There is no lag opening The Audio Edit Window. This is a minor thing but Audio Edit opens faster.
To compare muting one bar with Bar Settings and the Audio Edit Window,
* using F5
Open Bar Settings window
Select Bar to Mute
Select Track to Mute
Select Action to Mute
Select Bar to Return to Normal
Select Track to Return to Normal
Select Action to Return to Normal

* Using Audio Edit Window
Select icon Audio Edit
Highlight bar
Hit Delete

Bonus to using Audio Edit rather than Bar Settings:
Applicable to all 24 tracks
There are multiple methods to mute besides the single listing above.
Many additional advanced editing/mixing options are available from the Audio Edit Window

Wav image of bars 6-8 playing muted on Legacy Track Guitar 1 (Piano) using Bar Settings Mute and Return to Normal functions. The wav form is unaffected. Bar Settings are user applied after the BIAB algorithm has selected and applied Wav Instructions to the RealTrack Data on the track.

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
Screenshot 2022-12-08 094017.jpg (144.11 KB, 163 downloads)

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.