Originally Posted By: jellobiafra01
The files are useable--guess BIAB just isn't particularly useable for Mac users.

PG Music needs to update all their tutorials and videos to show how to find the generated files and drag and drop them into a daw.

So--this was posted in response to some snarky comment by one of the fine "journeyman" users here. Apparently a proud windows 11 user. They've since deleted their extremely usefuless comment.

Anyway--as background I decided to try out BIAB based on comments from a TrueFire forum. Even did it despite the major criticism that Mac users are second class citizens in the BIAB world. As a software developer who has worked on desktop and cloud applications I understand that the oddities and overwhelming number of variations in end-user systems makes regression and feature testing a major drain in the dev cycle.

BIAB's major functionality seems quite impressive--and because of that I'd forgive some of the endemic issues like option dialogues that have features cut off in boxes that can't be resized. BUT having the DAW integration nearly completely borken is pretty much a show stopper. I would've hazard a guess that the issue was permissions related which was why I looked for output files in the first place. But since those are created it seems likely it could be something very different.

Adar -- if you still want screen captures I can send some. And as a side note the DAW app looks for the log file using an incorrect name (or it isn't actually logging). The log file that does exist isn't particularly verbose.