Rharv//All.

what i'm wrestling with is , if your comment was true wouldnt this imply that the programmer would have to add code/procedures/tasks to implement flac ?
ie more code than a wav implementation ?
but then on large trak count projects on a old junk pc wouldnt this imply that the old junker pc would be slower with a flac implementation ?
but ive found the opposite…the old junk pc is more 'nimble' with a flac implementation.

see what i'm wrestling with ? maybe i'm stupid and missing something...lol.

i guess the only solution is to talk to a programmer of multitrak software that has coded for both wav and flac.

this afternoon i'm doing further tests to see if i can pinpoint pc resource differences (other than storage)..
re wav versus flac. .. the problem is my new pc is fast ryzen with m2 so it might be only on junker pc's does one see a difference…dunno.

i'm having probs coming to reasoned technical arguments why one shouldnt use flac…cos…all i can say having used flac for boatloads of song traks for years..…flac just 'floats my boat'.

have a great xmas rharv.

om

ps jim.

thanks for your comment. merry xmas.
i'm interested to see how pg handles year over year increases of the 'content library'. ie rt's//demo songs etc etc.

Last edited by justanoldmuso; 12/17/22 07:52 AM.

New Song "PRETTY GIRL" for my wife...Dec 2023
(my vocs....mixed for good earbuds.)
https://soundcloud.com/alfsongs/prettygirlrbfinalcalfsongsdec2023mp3
(and rock song THE STALLION and bluegrass song... BANKER MAN....90 songs useing bb/rb.)