As BIAB evolves and continues to do things no one imagined even just a few short years ago, things once inconsequential become critical in moving the workflow forward.

Upon the encouragement of Matt Finley in a post I originated on changing the default New File, I'm bringing my thoughts here.

In fact, my thoughts have expanded since I began that other post.

In essence I would like to be able to create a 'new file' template or series of templates from which I could choose in order to accomplish two things: 1) to open a new file with all the plugins I want instantiated in the mixer in place; and, 2) to have one of a favored style incorporated when a new file is opened.

But also, please leave my utility tracks alone when I change styles!

When I change a style on an arrangement why should any tracks change other than the ones necessary to the new style? So, I have a favored RealDrum with individual stems on my Utility Track. It works with the genre, tempo, swing, etc., of the particular styles I'm auditioning with my arrangement. Why is it 'nuked' when I load a new style that only invokes the legacy tracks?

I'm loving where BIAB is moving and I'm not wanting it to be a DAW. But if you are going to provide me a mixing environment while I'm arranging, please make it a fluid workflow that doesn't requiring going back to start anytime I want to make a change.

Help! I've fallen up and can't get down!