I guess I should have said "pickup tinkerers"...

I have an old Ibanez Gio. I bought it from the used wall at Guitar Center probably 15 years ago. Since then I have had the whole thing rewired with better gauge wire, had better quality pots installed, and most recently had the cheap pickup switch replaced (and THAT was 5 years ago!). I probably have $250 into upgrading a $79 guitar, but this thing plays SO WELL and the humbuckers sounds so good that I just had to.

So on to now. I would like to get a single coil or a piezo, some kind of rail pickup, put in between the humbuckers. I want it wired directly to a volume control, then that volume control wired directly to the output jack bypassing any switching. That way I can blend in whatever amount of that out of phase single coil to whatever humbucker sound I have going on.

So maybe Billy with an electronics background (and of course anybody else) can chime in here. Can I wire it to the output jack that way without disturbing the signal flow of the humbuckers or causing any grounding problems?

In the picture the white arrows point to where I want the pickup and the volume control for it. It might take having some wood routed out on the body, but I don't care.

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
ibanez.jpg (26.4 KB, 188 downloads)
Last edited by eddie1261; 12/25/22 04:55 AM.

I am using the new 1040XTRAEZ form this year. It has just 2 lines.

1. How much did you make in 2023?
2. Send it to us.