Title:The fragile little sparrow

Link: Eleanor Lennox: The fragile little sparrow

Update: The fragile little sparrow (remixed with louder vocals)

A song inspired by the life and early death of Cranberries singer Dolores O'Riordan.
A big thank you to all the forum members who pointed out that my vocal arrangements reminded them a bit of Dolores,
because I started listening to her old stuff again and rediscovered how good she was as a songwriter and singer.

The usual unasked for trivia:
  • since all images are copyrighted these days (i.e., there are almost NO free images of Dolores)
    the background images you see in the video are computer-generated anime-style paintings. Not perfect, but kind of usable.
  • when I investigated her life, a lot of bad things came up (child abuse, bipolar disorder). Poor girl frown
  • even though I personally prefer more upbeat stuff, a ballad here and there is fun and a welcome change.
  • my first attempt at implementing Scott's (Ezekiel's Storm) advice to "say the same thing with fewer words".
    I'm not there yet (sometimes I have trouble saying it at all), but I'm working on it smile

Special thanks (again) to Marty for proofreading the lyrics and encouraging words. His 'more me' request for the bass player has been implemented.
So if anyone thinks there's too much bass, it's all Marty's fault smile

Some technical information:
Style: _LURK.STY

The band:
Drums: NashPopBallad
Bass: 1190 (re-amped)
Guitars: 3738, 3435, 840 (all re-amped)
Viola: 2336
Strings and Synths: yours truly
Vocals: Eleanor Lennox with BG vocals from Solaria.

You can find the lyrics in the next post.

Making bits and bytes sound good...

Goldmania Bella - A One-Man Girlband with no fans
Listen on Spotify
Watch on YouTube