Originally Posted By: AudioTrack
Hi Charlie,
How does the O/P select the changed style part marker for only the second chorus?

By using either an existing MultiStyle or creating a custom MultiStyle then using Bar Settings (F5) to select Chorus 2 in the 'All Choruses' button. In order to change the drum kits, the MultiStyle would have two drum kits so they can be muted/unmuted to each play specific bars in Chorus 2. All the other instruments would remain unchanged and the MultiStyle will consist of 4 substyles, a,b,c, and d and are saved in the StylePicker and accessible at a Chorus number level in Bar Settings. For instance, a MultiStyle naming configuration is Dusty+ = Dusty1, Dusty2, Dusty3, and Dusty4. Although there's 5 styles, only two are needed to do this drum change.

Here are the steps to apply the MultiStyle and drum changes in Chorus 2 using Bar Settings Menu.

Select a different sub-style of the MultiStyle using the 'Style Button' that is the same instrumentation of the original style except for the drums. The MultiStyle will be modified to have two drum sets; The original drums with brushes and a second drum kit with Sticks.

Chorus 1:

The sticks drum kit is muted and the brush kit playing.

Chorus 2

In Bar Settings, Mute the brush kit and unmute the sticks kit for bars 1-16. Reverse the muted tracks for bars 17-32.

Select Chorus 3 from the 'All Choruses' button and return to the original style and mute the sticks drums again. It seems to me that should play the song as the poster wants. I haven't field tested this with drums but have replaced other instruments without issue except I've also always played a MultiStyle throughout a complete chorus without the muting/unmuting of bars but that seems pretty straight forward to me.

EDIT: I tested the above steps with PG Music MultiStyle Dusty+. I used the main MultiStyle, Dusty+ and used substyle Dusty4 that replaced a main style muted guitar track in Chorus 1 and unmuted the track, changed to Dusty4 Style and played a soloist lead guitar on the track in Chorus 2.

I believe in the scenario outlined, the OP, it would have to be a custom MultiStyle specific to the instruments being used.

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.