Originally Posted By: Andrew - PG Music
Hmm, the holds sound fine to me for that style.
I notice you are omitting the piano track, but the style doesn't have a piano track. Have you added something to the piano track yourself? I would play that section while soloing each of the tracks in turn to see if each individual hold is working correctly. If you were only hearing the bass play a hold for example (and not the guitars) that could sound like a tuba. In that case you might have some missing holds files...

Thanks Andrew but I'm not following everything you are saying. Let me add a bit more clarity.

1. Regarding the "tuba". This may have been a bit of embellishment. It could actually be a strong bass note combined with a kick drum. But it most definately is not piano which is what I'm striving for and what I get when hitting the Preview button.

2. Regarding the piano. I am not trying to omit the piano as you say but I am trying to do the opposite. I want only the piano to hold/sustain and then fade. Could I be misinterpreting what is meant by "hold" in the Chord Options window? It seems no matter what options I set in the Chord Options window, that the Preview always gives me the desired outcome of a held/sustained piano G7 chord. Likewise, no matter what I do I can't get that held G7 piano chord to happen in my song. Also, I don't recall if I added the piano or if it came in with the style but the piano is 4062 Acoustic. I think I added it. This is the 1st time I'm trying to use a held chord so I'm not yet familiar with what to expect from the program.

3. In playing around with this I got the same exception error to happen a 2nd time.

4. I'm noticing that from time to time I'm getting a "256 error" that shows up in the lower right corner in a yellow box but it flashes so fast I'm unable to capture a screen shot or even fully read it.

Does it make sense for me to email you the .SGU file?

https://soundcloud.com/user-646279677
BiaB 2024 Windows
For me there’s no better place in the band than to have one leg in the harmony world and the other in the percussive. Thank you Paul Tutmarc and Leo Fender.