Originally Posted By: MarioD

So I ask other Scaler users how do you get your chords into BiaB?

Unfortuantely, there are issues with this. cry

Scaler will write any chord progession or sequence to a .mid file. BIAB will Import a .mid file and interpret the chords to the chord chart. It should be that easy, but... crazy

BIAB just struggles in assigning the chord names correctly. Even simple triads get messed up and key signatures. Don't even try chord extensions or slash chords.

I just spent an hour trying to illustrate something positive in a video. BIAB was just not in the mood to cooperate today. Even with a RTFS, it was an effort in frustration.

Bottom line BIAB and Scaler do not play well together in regards to exchanging specific detailed chord designations and voicings via copy/paste or export/import. In Scaler you can specify the exact notes and order of notes you want to play. Meanwhile, BIAB will play what "it" composes based on the Chord names you enter. I am afraid the fundamental premise of the two programs differ in this regard. That is why you need both. grin

Dan, BIAB2024, SoundCloud Win11, i7(12thGen), 32GB, 1TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD), 2TB Libraries, 1 TB(WD-Black), 2TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD)Data, Motu Audio Express, Keystation 61, SL88 Studio, Reaper