Originally Posted By: firesong

your comments on the story itself are correct and incorrect in some of their aspects but this forum is not the place to write a dissertation about that (reading Daniel chapters 1-4 would clear all that up).

I read all four of them, read the reflections too.
Perhaps Daniel wasn't out of town but he wasn't "in the loop" or chose not to intervene on behalf of the persectuted. Aside from chastising the King for his treatment of the poor none of the three, nor Daniel, utter a word about the King's wrath for non believers of the "new" god.
"Chapter 3 Summary
In Daniel 3, Nebuchadnezzar built an image of gold, 90 x 9 feet in Dura, Babylon. He demanded worldwide worship and centered his government around honoring himself, serving his gods and worshipping the gold image. The consequence of resisting or refusing was the fiery furnace. Hananiah, Mishael, and Azariah were found by certain Chaldeans refusing to worship the image, and so were thrown into fiery furnace. When entreated to worship they refused and so the furnace was made seven times hotter to the point that those who threw them in were burned alive. Miraculously Hananiah, Mishael, and Azariah were delivered when an angel showed up and they were seen walking in the fire unharmed. This chapter ends with Nebuchadnezzar blessing the God of the Jews and decreeing that those who speak anything amiss against their God be cut in pieces and house be made an ash heap."
from
…and in his temple all cry, “Glory!”
Meditations through the Word of God
Cross referenced to ensure it was a fairly representative interpretation.
Nope not the place for a dissertation, or discussion even, BUT there's always room to fact check when things are presented as truth.
I rarely bother to raise this sort of issue but when I do I make sure I've looked into the matter before taking the step. Oh, I don't mind being wrong and had my resultant research proved me to be so I would have apologised.
Nevertheless...cool melody, arrangement and performances.

Cheers
rayc
"What's so funny about peace, love & understanding?" - N.Lowe