The experimentation continues with a song a bit edgier than my usual.

Background:
Ever write a song inspired by a memory from your distant past? Here is one memory.

My “crew” and I were just a tad North of puberty and chomping at the bit to explore “the world of adulthood”. One of my chums discovered a girl scout cabin deep in the woods. When he took us there it looked abandoned and there were certainly no girl scouts there. We decided it was a girl scout cabin because it had an outhouse . . . which we never used. So plans were instantly hatched for the upcoming Friday night. Somebody stole a case of beer from a neighbor’s garage and we all showed up at the cabin with bags of potato chips and sacks of candy to kill the taste.

I put my boy scout skills to use and built a fire in the fireplace. We then dared each other to drink more and more in between the singing and stupid dancing we were doing. For most of us, this was our first introduction to beer. Within 2 hours the 5 of us were drunk as skunks and vomiting into the wee hours of the morning. Whenever anyone vomited they became the subject of much laughter from the rest of us; and we all had our turn at being the subject. [I know . . . dumber than dumb on multiple levels.]

When daybreak arrived we all staggered back to our homes for proper hydration and well needed naps. It was a long time before I touched another beer after this experience. This song is inspired by this memory and I always smile with gratitude when I think back as nobody got hurt and we didn’t even burn down the cabin smile

Technicals:
110 BPM

BiaB
RealTracks in song: 1949:Piano, Acoustic, Soloist PopRootsyJohn Ev16 100
RealTracks in style: 3358:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm BritBluesRock Ev 120
RealTracks in song: 4172:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm LatinRock Ev 125
RealTracks in song: 3759:Guitar, Electric, Soloist FusionGrittyBrent Sw16 100
RealTracks in song: 1260:Guitar, Electric, Soloist PopShining Ev 120
RealDrums in style:BluesRockEv^4-a:Snare, Open HiHat , b:Snare, Ride

Me
Electric Bass
Percussive Organ with note bending in the bridge via Korg keyboard
Octave Brass in last two verses via Korg keyboard
Ride Cymbal in last two verses via Studio One Impact XT and 16-Step Sequencer
Crash Cymbal at the end via Studio One Impact XT (this still needs work)

If you listen thanks, and comments welcome particularly on the song structure and the panning applied.

Log Cabin Jam

https://soundcloud.com/user-646279677
BiaB 2024 Windows
For me there’s no better place in the band than to have one leg in the harmony world and the other in the percussive. Thank you Paul Tutmarc and Leo Fender.