The idea that AI-generated vocals/lyrics/music are not very acceptable for the reasons that David alluded to and other reasons will be a point of view of some people. The idea that human-generated vocals/lyrics/music are not very acceptable to some people is pretty obvious.

I don't personally see "AI-generated" music all that different than "human" generated music. The AI output is generated purely by human ideas. Until the AI becomes able to create its own language and culture, it will always mimic human speech patterns.

The way we have learned to create music has significantly changed in the last thirty years or so. In the past, it was necessary to go see some guitar player live to figure out how to copy what he or she was playing. Now we turn on the computer and search for a tutorial on a particular song.

Don't play guitar? Buy BIAB. Need drums? Well, you get the point.

Being "chained" to the piano and having your hand slapped for failures, both real and imagined, has caused more than a few people to abandon music. Other people have spent countless hours taking lessons to no avail. There are many possible "roads to the destination."

I think we live in a large enough universe of music to allow anyone by any method to create whatever pleases them, even the gangster rap I so seriously dislike.

Like it or not, AI-generated vocals, words, text, art, video, and a hundred other AI-generated things are already in everyday use and will increase rapidly as time passes.

The future of music is unpredictable. What we like and dislike will change. Change is the only thing that is constant.

There are some issues to be sorted out with all this AI business. AI is learning from everything it is exposed to, and what it acquires from some artists' intellectual property is not currently being taken into consideration. Legal challenges will undoubtedly follow.

Billy

EDIT: Long Haired Hippie Freak generated by AI...lol

My long hair just can't cover up my Redneck...lol or so my AI says...lol

Last edited by Planobilly; 01/17/23 03:34 PM.

New location, new environment, new music coming soon

Seize the moo-ment
If you feel like you’ve herd all these cow puns before, you probably have deja-moo