Looking for something affordable to take with me for vacation I bought me a NUX MG-30. I have always been in favor with the "real stuff", like valve Marshalls, Fender Twin Reverbs and the respectice cabs, but I think those times are over. Just too much heavy stuff to move around and too expensive in the end.
Those modelers have become pretty good in the recent years and offer a lot of options and sound flexibility for recordings, that would not so easy to be achieved with the legacy equipment. I had also used the VOX Tonelab SE in the recent years and a lot of my expensive legacy equipment just stood in a corner of my basement since.

Compared to Amplitube 5 and Native Instrument's Guitar Rig, the NUX MG-30 is a very good alternative for me, offering the same flexibility and sound quality or it even goes beyond. I think it was a good choice to get it.

The setup and handling complexity related to the NUX device flexibility can be dramatically reduced by using the remote editing tools for the PC, NUX offers for free. But be aware: You should elaborate some strategy on how to sort your presets and how to wire it up. And like with every legacy guitar/amp combination you have to adjust the parameters for what you have in mind. Generic factory preset sounds can be a starting point, but not more than that.
If you are willing to try out, everything should somehow be possible with those machines nowadays. I doubt that there is too much of a difference between them, apart from features, brand name, marketing and price. But it takes effort to learn how to handle them.

BiaB2023 Plus, Win11, AMD 6-core, 32GByte RAM, RME Fireface UFX, Samplitude ProX7, REAPER 6, Studio ne 5, Melodyne Studio, Toontrack SD3, iZotope MP4, NI Komplete 12, Korg Collection, etc.