I would have expected it to be forced into two bars of 3/4.

Check Sibelius again. I used Sibelius through version 4 (long time ago) and it did export Music XML.

EDIT: I found this on the MusicXML site.

Using Dolet for Sibelius
Dolet® software serves as a translator between music programs. These translations are done using the MusicXML file format. Dolet 6 for Sibelius writes MusicXML files, allowing you to exchange music between Sibelius and other programs that can read MusicXML files. Currently this includes Finale, capella, and Notion. You can see a full list at http://www.musicxml.com/software. Dolet 6 for Sibelius saves files in the MusicXML 3.0 format, which allows more music playback and notation information to be transferred between applications.

To save a Sibelius score as a MusicXML file, go to the Plug-ins menu and select the MusicXML submenu. Then select the “Export MusicXML” item. You will then see a standard save dialog box asking where to save the XML file. By default, this will be the same as your existing Sibelius file name, with “.xml” used instead of “.sib” for the file extension.

You may translate an entire folder of Sibelius files to MusicXML format. This batch routine will overwrite any XML files with the same name that are currently in that directory. Use the “Translate Folder of Scores to MusicXML” menu item to save MusicXML files from your Sibelius files.

For best results, do the following before exporting a score:

If you have a transposing score, be sure to display a transposed score so the transpositions can export correctly. Otherwise the score will be exported as a concert score without transpositions.
If you are using magnetic layout in Sibelius 6, 7, or 8, freeze the magnetic layout positions before exporting your score. Otherwise the score will export with the positions that objects would have if magnetic layout were turned off. To freeze the positions, first select everything in the score using Ctrl-A on Windows or Command-A on Mac. Then go to the Layout menu and click on the Freeze Magnetic Layout Positions item.

Last edited by Matt Finley; 01/20/23 07:17 AM.

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors