ALL..

(ps Steve i figured that out mate…kudos to you.)

ADDENDUM.

heres a interface shootout with real audio examples i posted awhile back.

my audient is on the list. personally the only one that i felt was better than the others..and it was very subtle to my ears was the UAD APOLLO.

https://www.sweetwater.com/insync/best-audio-interfaces-shootout/

i forgot to mention the above was done by Lynn Fuston..
read his in depth music ptoduction bio at the bottom of the article. below where he comments on each interface includeing my audient.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

believe it or not i have a pretty good trak record when it comes to choosing gear.

so lets have a bit of fun in the spirit of transparency etc…like they do on some gear sites using live examples of gear for comparison.

Gordon…you use a scarlett interface right ? i KNOW this is a good interface.

Mike……..i believe MAUDIO ? correct ? model ?
(btw thanks for the namm info…i wasnt aware of that. jeesh.)

Ray…whats your interface ? (no buyers remorse here.)

SO…heres what i'll do for s's n' giggles. cos i'm all about having fun with this stuff..

i'll go to my fav gear store and rent the 3 interfaces you all own. then WITHOUT any post recording tarting up//conditioning….ie DRY. record vocs through each..and fourthly with my audient evo.

then i'll post the four examples on pg here (with links)...and throw it out for all pg users to participate and choose if they can tell the diff…and their fav interface. (each interface will be anon for fairness.)

thats about as fair as i can be….cos this cockney lad enjoys a good challenge.

this has been done on other user gear sites with fun interesting results. eg gearspace has a fun thread dealing with mic pre's//examples.

how about it ?

only prob is a ryder (and its not a get out !!) youll have to be patient as my doctors have scared the heck out of me/wife re covid and a medical thing i wont bore you with….(all is good right now..)
so i gotta be v careful with going to the busy gear store..and can only do this when my docs say its safe…if thats not acceptable…i dont have a good alternative as i dont wanna muck up my health.

as i said at the beginning ive a pretty good trak record in choosing gear.
as examples…yonks ago..

…was chastised by hi end studio blokes for suggesting people try pg powertraks..who then said. ('what ?? it can do that ??'..lol.)
…biab …same…('oh its just for elevator music !' )
…reaper version 1 ('oh it'll never go anywhere !')

debate on //differences re gear isnt new for me. as one example in industry a client didnt listen to me.

note…i'm not the only audient user here on pg ..ive noticed on occasion other people posting.
i just dont enjoy my integrity being questioned.

for anyone else in the market for an audio interface i recommend this site hosted by julian krause who uses test n' measurement equipment etc on interfaces.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0HrD4cTsQpAZ8KK9jPzzGg

happiness

om

Last edited by justanoldmuso; 01/22/23 06:56 AM.

New Song "PRETTY GIRL" for my wife...Dec 2023
(my vocs....mixed for good earbuds.)
https://soundcloud.com/alfsongs/prettygirlrbfinalcalfsongsdec2023mp3
(and rock song THE STALLION and bluegrass song... BANKER MAN....90 songs useing bb/rb.)