David, Peter and Jannesan,

Thanks for listening to this song with that odd instrument.
I was afraid people would appreciate it, but so far I'm wrong.

Originally Posted By: David Snyder

Really Cool song man!
Excellent instrumentation, idea, vox, playing, mix, everything.
This is quite moving.
Loved it.

David, what a lot of compliments from you! Thanks for that.
I am glad my voice came back just in time.

Originally Posted By: PeterF
Hans
Nice work - strong vocal and a good driving song, with a strong lyric.
Sitar was good - I've got one in a song I've been updating.
Excellent.
Peter

Peter, thanks for this. I am curious how your sitar song will sound.
You know, I never liked the sound of that instrument. I was experimenting a bit with sounds and so I used the sitar too. Not expecting any use of it, but to my surprise, with a strong beat it sounded surprisingly well. Then I decided to use it, although a lot of people were shocked to hear about that decision...

Originally Posted By: jannesan
I'm glad you are back, hope you are feeling much better now. This new song is really strong one. Very important but sad message, you have managed to build strong lyrical content around it, using even statistics and that nice Bialiatski's quote.
The melody and the chords are very enjoyable.

The arrangement sounds very interesting and full of small details, so much happening, must have taken lots of work. The combination of several styles, soul, rock, disco, shows your enormous talent and creativity. The sitar blends nicely in the tapestry of those styles.
Your voice is as strong as ever, excellent performance.

Janne

Janne, that pneumonia came out of nothing, well, I was coughing a lot the last month or so. And at first I had a wrong medicine. So, not a very 'nice' start of 2023.
Because of this the (almost finished) song was rebuild in bits an pieces. I changed it all the time. Mostly in my head, because I stayed in bed. I read about Bialiatski and decided to make way for it my lyrics. And then I changed the intro, later also the outro. My wife went crazy. Luckily my music partners did not!
But because of that the song became like it is now. And I'm very glad you liked it!

Hans

Hans Berkhout
(Birchwood)
https://soundcloud.com/user-296497130