Thanks for the input B.D.

After a bit of experimentation, I am finding that I am not constrained to a particular method of "how to start a song." In fact, this software has influenced me to try to hear the melody in my head and write that as notes.

Without having a competent live drummer to collaborate with, I struggle with the rhythmic aspect of music generation in general.

I think Dave mentioned inserting and working to an audio track in the software. After I discovered how actually to do that, the process changed again.

My original thinking was to use a set of original lyrics and try to find a drum line/style that would work, then create a harmonic/chord structure. Then play the top line (vocal melody) on the piano. That was a temporary failure, as the lyrics were inappropriate for the structure. I then started entering new lyrics directly into the Synth V software and changing the position of notes which produced plausible results.

A "Hotel California" quality song is a bit further down the road...lol

Fun stuff in any event. I am well satisfied with the software purchase.

I think this software will provide me with a way to have instant access to a vocalist. That has been a missing component forever. Even if I hire a professional session vocalist, the time and lengthy process required negatively affect the creative process. The cost of hiring an excellent vocalist is getting pretty pricy to add to the issue.

Billy

New location, new environment, new music coming soon

Seize the moo-ment
If you feel like you’ve herd all these cow puns before, you probably have deja-moo