Originally Posted By: Rob4580
Well worth the revamp, I would say.
Really enjoyed the chorus.
Nice work Floyd.

Thanks, Rob...

Originally Posted By: tommyad
floyd, there sure is an awful lot to like here. First off the hook is great, the chorus is really strong. Your vocals are getting better with age. Very committed to the emotional connection. The mix is first rate. I don’t think there is any problem with the volume of the lead guitar. The solo is perfect for the song. I would have added a little delay followed with a touch of reverb on the lead parts. Not to make it sit better in the mix , I just think it sounds better to my ears than unprocessed dry. Acoustics sound really good dry because of the percussive nature but anytime I plug in it will at least have a little reverb. That’s just me. Several others have said they like your choice. Subjective for sure and by no means should it sound like l don’t appreciate how brilliantly this was written, performed and produced. Another gem, Tom

Thanks, Tom.
I generally add a delay and some reverb to the BIAB solo guitars. In this case, I liked where Jon had dialed his rig...

Originally Posted By: musician17
The story that the lyrics tell - been there (who hasn't, I guess).

Brilliant, brilliant song. The initial few chords may be a little conventional as a progression, but it's what you do with it (and with the chords themselves) that counts.

In short: you're a master of your craft - and I wouldn't even call it a "craft", simply because music (in my humble opinion, what do I know?) is so much more than just craft.

Thanks for sharing, keep sharing :-) It really is a privilege to be a member of this forum. So much talent, so much genius, each time I have a little time to listen. Bravo.

I certainly appreciate that, James...