I have the app SongBookPro for my Samsung Tablet and I pull songs I want to learn for a live performance repertoire into the app. So I select add a song, select from online, type in the song name, and it links me to Ultimate Guitar site. And it downloads the chords and lyrics to the app. All very convenient and easy.

I have yet to find a tune in Db and these tunes are in the original key as far as I know. For instance

Amazing Grace - F
Box of Rain - D
Desperado - G
etc...

I have over 100 tunes and not one tune in Db. But these are mostly popular/classic rock tunes.

Maybe a bit more common in jazz? After all, for Alto sax, Db is written as Bb which is only two flats. So perhaps the Charlie Parker Omnibook (Charlie Parker played alto sax). I just flipped through the book, about 50 tunes, not one tune in Db.

So many tunes in Db? I'd guess less than 1% of tunes are in Db, probably way less than 1%. I can't find one, but I'm sure there are some.

Another thing is that key and key signature are not always the same thing. Look at All Blues for instance in the Real Book. The key signature, no sharps or flats, but the key (or tonal center) is clearly G.

Edit: I just thought of a tune in Db. The jazz standard Body and Soul, at least that's the key in the Real Book.

Last edited by Frankp; 02/21/23 02:10 PM.

Frank

Some tunes from me and my collaborator: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvGqM6ktMW5ltTnyit1KWPg/videos

Band-in-a-Box Ultrapak 2019, Windows 11, Reaper, Behringer u-phoria UMC404HD, Kali LP-8