I'm going to look into possibly increasing the amount of tracks for the 2024 version of RB/PT.

BTW, David, I did test RB's ability to save a VST soft synth using a specific patch by pressing Save Group and reloading it, and it does work. Same for saving the song and reloading the song. Main thing is that you would want to set a track to use one of the non-default slots (any slot other than 16 unless you had saved other slots as defaults). If you load a soft synth like Aria into slot 16 (normally the default slot, set to use Coyote synth) then Coyote I believe will still have priority when loading in a song because default TGS was created for it and saved in Default Settings folder within the DX Settings folder.

Actually if you have a bunch of synths loaded into various slots and then go into the DX/VST Options and press the button to save default plugin settings it saves all synths currently loaded into DX/VST slots as defaults for those slots, so that when you do a File - New those slots will be filled with those synths and whatever patches they were currently set to when saved as defaults. I'm not suggesting that though, because normally I keep Coyote as the default slot (16) and all the other slots are non-defaults and then I load other synths into non-default slots and set various tracks to use other synths. The patches currently being used by those other non-default synths are saved with the song and re-loaded when loading in the song again, at least with the synths I tested it on like Aria, Sforzando, Synthmaster, etc.

Last edited by Jeff Yankauer; 02/28/23 09:29 PM.

Jeff Yankauer