Jeff.

As you know from my previous posts i want to see RB succeed….so i'm extremely happy that there will be a 2024 edition.

as well as my past ideas for consideration in rb (which i promise not to retype…lol.)

I think the idea of upping the track count is a good one. maybe to 90 ?

cos of course some people will do multi takes and then comp to a final comp trak.
which brings up how to make a final comp trak for a user who wants to choose ' best bits. from say 10 previous recorded traks of vocs.

but of course there would need to be an inbuilt check i suggest to save people from themselves in the situation where a user might try to get 90 traks on some v old junk pc.
particularly if such users also might be loading up on resource hungry plug ins.
ive seen this many times in the past.

also easy 'pan automation' would be nice. plus i would like to see one aspect addressed aggressively…..let me explain…..

i'm a 'digger' and dig deep into any software i use. eg like rb to find neat features i can use with my own methods. but some folks arent diggers. some are easily put off.

I think its fair to say rb is a program that a user must 'plunge the depths' to get the best out of it.
THUS i feel its imperative to find ways to make this very easy for sceptical users so rb isnt just given a 'once over' and not looked at again. ..which is sad and which i would suggest might be happening currently.

the other comment i would like to make is any way you could make rb more 'nimble' would be great. assembler code perhaps ??...lol.

let me say jeff that rb with some added features imho could lead the daw market.

what i might suggest jeff is to have a important pinned thread whereby pg users can comment openly on what it would take for them to use rb as their primary daw.
this is what we did once years ago with a user base. get everything out in the open.
a special open forum rather like a 'town meeting'...lol.
it was a great way to not only gauge what the user base 'really wanted' BUT also a way to explain why certain needs couldnt be implemented. we found such explanations really cut down any user frustrations.

wishing you only the best n' have a great 2023 jeff.

om

ps jeff ..feel free to pm me anytime if you want many ideas of how to make rb the daw leader.
cos i really want to see it succeed.

Last edited by justanoldmuso; 03/01/23 04:56 AM.

New Song "PRETTY GIRL" for my wife...Dec 2023
(my vocs....mixed for good earbuds.)
https://soundcloud.com/alfsongs/prettygirlrbfinalcalfsongsdec2023mp3
(and rock song THE STALLION and bluegrass song... BANKER MAN....90 songs useing bb/rb.)