Does anyone have any thoughts - maybe from experience - why the simple-as-dirt bar style-change might unknowingly get inhibited?

I have a straightforward song form of 232 bars, a 1-chorus layout so I can see everything, no hidden repeats etc, starts in _HUSHPOP.STY for a deceptively low-key beginning ahead of raising tempo and changing to a Rock style part-way through when the song gets going.

SO...

I right-click bar 58 where the change is to fall, go to Bar Settings on the pop-up, click the ".STY" button beneath "Style changes at this bar", make a selection, go okay then okay again, then regenerate to listen. No tracks are frozen.

BUT then it just carries-on playing right through in _HUSHPOP.STY after the regen-step.

I've tried it with a few different new styles, and with and without the "Send Patch Changes" box checked in case there's some correlation, but the result is always no-change and I can't see any other options that I think get in the way.

The playback speeds up as set for there also, could the tempo change be conflicting? I wouldn't think it should, but that's the only modifier that's been applied at all ... there's nothing fancy there or elsewhere.

I'm now stumped as it is a simple 3-step process in a very simple and clean song-form, can'timagine what I am missing .... any thoughts would be welcome to avoid having to create the song in sections, thanks!