Phil,

The workflow you are describing runs counter to the way Band-in-a-Box is designed to work. The Style and RealTrack Pickers are built on the concept you use them while inside the program to audition styles and RealTracks that are stored outside the main program file. You are asking to audition files outside of Band-in-a-Box and then reverse engineer where the file is used.

An analogy for what your asking would be to try and go against the flow on an escalator or one way street. It may be doable but certainly not easy.

One roundabout way to accomplish your goal is to perform a multi-step process.

1. Have Band-in-a-Box create a tab delineated spreadsheet file by selecting the "Copy List" button in the RealTracks Picker.

2. Import the tab delineated file into a page of a spreadsheet program. All the data available in the RealTracks Picker is now available for configuration as you desire and you can add data to it.

*Idea: Check if the Mac StylePicker has a "Copy List" button. The Windows StylePicker does. If so then create a StylePicker tab delineated file and import into a second spreadsheet page. Then you'll have access to all the Style and RealTrack Picker data outside the Band-in-a-Box program!

3. You can customize your spreadsheet with custom column headers, such as "Used In Styles" or "Uses RealTracks" and add the data while auditioning files.

I know it looks like a lot of work but I can't think of another way to do it.

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
Clipboard01.jpg (442.32 KB, 23 downloads)
Copy to spreadsheet compatible file with blue highlighted button.
Clipboard02.jpg (147.36 KB, 22 downloads)

Jim Fogle - 2024 BiaB (1111) RB (5) Ultra+ PAK
DAWs: Cakewalk by BandLab (CbB) - Standalone: Zoom MRS-8
Laptop: i3 Win 10, 8GB ram 500GB HDD
Desktop: i7 Win 11, 12GB ram 256GB SSD, 4 TB HDD
Music at: https://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home